Fix could not open /var/lib/dpkg/ status in iOS 9.3.3 and iOS 10: Hey peeps, we are live again with an article which will be mainly focused on jail breaking. The Jail breaking process using PG client application is pretty easy and the results are great, but when the case on using it on 9.3.3, things change down. Error like could not open /var/lib/dpkg/status will pop up. The 2 most important note downs you should do while jail breaking are:
- The device is perfectly working after rebooting.
- Cydia isn’t crashing while opening.
This article is mainly focused for the users when the get a pop up error like.
Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status-open (2: No such file or directory).
Its not at all a big deal, just following up the below procedure to make it fine. Also check out this to Fix** GBA4iOS Could Not be Installed At this Time Error.
Fix could not open /var/lib/dpkg/status in iOS 9.3.3 & iOS 10
Mostly the error: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status-open (2: No such file or directory) occurs upon for iOS 9.3.3 users. So here is he steps that you guys should follow up. Before going in to details check out this article Zestia(Cydia Alternative) on iOS 9.2.1/9.2 or iOS 9.1/9 or iOS 10+ iPhone/iPad.
- Open up your default web browser and navigate to https://cdn.hbang.ws/dl/debs/ws.hbang.newterm_1.0~beta!_iphoneos~arm.deband download the latest NewTerm.deb from it.
- Now download Cydia Impactor from the web and sideload the MobileTerminal.ipa on your iPhone/iPad
- Now you need to download the following files
- Once you have finished downloading the i_funbox application, go to /var/mobile/media/books and just paste the downloaded lib.zip folder to that directory.
- Now open up the Mobile Terminal on your iOS device and enter the following commands.
Enter your Password [Default Password is Alpine]
Note : If users who are already using iFile or Filza and Mobile Terminal can right away start with step 4 and complete rest of the steps and fix it.
Best Fix to com.teiron.pphelper error in Cydia [Working Now*]
Once i trouble shooted and finished everything of ” Could Not Open File…” i am getting another pop up windows which showing like this message “trying to overwrite ‘/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries’, which is also in package com.teiron.pphelperns”.
Those who are facing this error simply do this tweak without messing up many things. Just go to installation tab and select “PP Helper”. Uninstall the selected app and that’s solve our issue.
This helped in my device to fix this “trying to overwrite ‘/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries’, which is also in package com.teiron.pphelperns” error.
Latest Article for Pokemon Go users: [Hack*] Guopan Pokemon Go Hack for iOS/Android.
Thats it mates, now Cydia will work fine and the error box won’t pop up again. Hope this article on “How to fix could not open /var/lib/dpkg/ status in iOS 9.3.3 and iOS 10 iPhone/iPad” helped you out. If you have any queries, just follow up us through the comments.